When is it time to get professional counseling? Most times we experience emotional distress like stress, mood swings, anxiety, and other forms, at some point in our lives. It could either be an effect of financial issues, relationships, personal loss, professional setback, rejection or any other emotional defect. We find a way to bounce back on our own most of the time but sometimes we get to a point where we need a little hand to help us get back on track. What is a licensed professional counselor?
You could be feeling low or empty within you and finding it difficult to pull yourself together. Or you noticed certain ways in your lifestyle that only produce negative results and you can’t seem to break out of such ways. The signs of emotional and mental distress are sometimes evident and other times are not specific.
CRITICAL SIGNS IT’S TIME TO GET PROFESSIONAL HELP.
• Low performance at work or school: When there is a sudden decrease in your performance at work or school, is a frequent sign of someone struggling with emotional issues. Mental issues result to passivity which depletes the enjoyment from work or even the drive to work; it can also diminish attention, energy, memory, and concentration.
• Grieve: It could be caused by divorce, loss of a loved one, or a significant breakup. Whatever it is, overcoming grief could be a painful and long process, it’s worse when you have no one to share your emotional pain with.
• Reduced social life or lack of interest in favorite activities: You often feel detached or cutoff, when struggling with psychological or emotional issues. Hence, you lose interest in things you usually love to do, either your hobbies or socializing with people.
• Trauma: Those who have a past history of physical or sexual abuse or other trauma, that is difficult to recover from, can benefit from talk therapy. Painful experiences can be shared in confidence with someone who is experienced in hearing about those issues in psychotherapy.
• Difficulty in regulating emotions: Anger is part of the depressive presentation, we all feel anxious, sad, or angry sometimes in life but it is of paramount importance that we pay attention to how intense or often we feel these emotions.
• Having interference in sleep or appetite: Mental health has an intense thwack on our sleep and appetite. A person who feels uneasy or in a manic state will always find it difficult to sleep while someone who is severely downhearted might sleep all the time.
• Struggling to build and maintain a relationship: Our relationship is often affected by our mental health in many ways it can cause a person to disengage from someone close to them, or make them lean completely on another person to support them emotionally.
• When your physical health has taken a hit: Often time, we pay lesser attention to our physical health than our mental health and it is a huge mistake to do that because they are intertwined.
• You don’t know where to start with self-improvement: You can achieve becoming the best you can be in a relationship to both self and others, during therapy. It can help you unravel and have a better understanding of the interpersonal situations you have found yourself.
• The use of sex or substance to cope: When we are under mental or emotional stress, we find ourselves turning to things that are pleasing, benumbing, bewildering, and ruinous in order to cope. That is why sex and substances are often used to carry on or as coping mechanisms
We offer Expert Counseling and Therapy Solutions in Seattle, Kirkland, Mercer Island, Bellevue, Tacoma, Olympia, Redmond, and the Northwest.
We’d love to chat with you today about your specialized Counseling needs. We offer professional counseling services in the Seattle area.
- Couples Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Online Remote Counseling